Majors in Mathematics and Natural Science
Bachelor of Science/Biology
Bachelor of Science in Education/Biology
Bachelor of Science/Biology and Medical Technology
Bachelor of Science/Pre-Physical Therapy
Bachelor of Science/Mathematics
Bachelor of Science in Education/Mathematics
(Areas of emphasis include Wildlife Biology, Pre-Pharmacy, and the Medical Sciences)
What may I do with a major in Biology?
- Health related careers (hospitals, clinics or health departments)
- Technicians (biological, biomedical, genetic, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries)
- Sales and marketing (scientific, biomedical, pharmaceutical, veterinary and agricultural businesses)
- Research-related careers (university, museum, industry, medical and government agencies)
- Conservation biology and natural resource areas (non-profit and public agencies)
- State and federal agencies, (Department of Natural Resources, Forest Service, EPA and BLM)
- Prepare for entrance into medical school, pharmacy school, nursing programs, optometry and dentistry school
- Prepare for graduate work to enter Master’s and Ph.D. programs in Biology
What may I do with a major in Biology Education?
- Teach life sciences in the middle school
- Teach biology in the high school
- Teach in national and state parks
What may I do with a major in Biology/Medical Technology?
- After completing the year of clinical rotations in Medical Technology, graduates work in hospitals and medical clinics collecting human specimens and running laboratory tests.
- Graduates may specialize in areas of medical technology such as hematology or infectious diseases and be qualified to work in a hospital or clinic setting.
- Students majoring in pre-physical therapy are prepared for entrance into a graduate program in Physical Therapy.
Programs offered through articulation agreements with:
Dual Degree Bachelor of Science in Biology/Bachelor Science in Nursing
(Two-year program or accelerated program)
Dual Degree Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical)
Baptist College of Health Sciences:
Pre-requisite courses for transfer into the Bachelor Science in Nursing (BCHS)
Pre-requisite courses for transfer into the Bachelor of Health Science (BCHS) in Radiation Therapy
Pre-requisite course for the transfer into Bachelor of Health Science (BCHS) in Respiratory Care
Pre-requisite courses for transfer into the Bachelor of Health Science (BCHS) in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Pre-requisite courses for transfer into the Bachelor of Health Science (BCHS) in Nuclear Medicine Technology
Pre-requisite courses for transfer into the Bachelor of Health Science (BCHS) in Medical Radiography
Pre-requisite courses for transfer into the Bachelor of Health Science (BCHS) in Medical Laboratory Science
What may I do with a major in mathematics?
- Work in mathematics specialties:
- Statistics and Probability
- Differential Equations
- Discrete Mathematics
- Work in functional areas:
- Teaching in Higher Education (requires advanced degrees)
Working in the Insurance industry
Working in Banking and Finance
- Teach mathematics in the middle school
- Teach mathematics in the high school
Need more information click here