Blue Mountain College
Office of Institutional Advancement
P.O. Box 160
Blue Mountain, MS 38610
Phone: 662-685-4771 (Ext. 111)
Gift Processing & Scholarship Manager
Phone: 662-685-4771 (Ext. 150)
Giving to Blue Mountain College allows a donor to invest in the future of the College while providing the donor with significant financial planning opportunities. It is the intent of the College to make the gift-giving experience as simple, direct, and meaningful as possible. Gifts provide the donor with tax benefits and Blue Mountain College with the critical resources to fulfill its educational mission. Identified below are ways to contribute to Blue Mountain College:
- Gifts of Cash -Charitable gifts are most often made in the form of cash and checks which are deductible for income tax purposes in the year of the contribution. If gifts are designated for a specific purpose (i.e. Honor or Memorial Gifts), the designation should be clearly noted on the check or in a memorandum. Matching gift opportunities are also encouraged. Please provide the College with the Matching Gift Company information.
Donors may contribute by the following methods of payment such as: cash, money order, check, credit card, pre-authorized payments (electronic funds transfer), as well as online giving. To give online, visit the Online Giving link.
- Gifts of Securities - Giving appreciated stocks, bonds and mutual funds provide even greater tax benefits to the donor than giving cash. When making such gifts, the donor should consider the securities original cost in relation to the current value. The easiest way to transfer securities to Blue Mountain College is for the donor to request that his/her broker contact the Office of the Institutional Advancement (662) 685-4771 (Ext.131.).
- Gifts of Real Estate -Donors may own real estate or certain other properties that could also be good choices for charitable gifts. An outright gift of real estate enables the donor to claim an income tax charitable deduction equal to the property's fair market value and removes the property from the estate. This can be done by bequest or during an individual's lifetime. Gifts of appreciated real estate help avoid capital gains and estate taxes. For more information, the donor should contact the Office of the Institutional Advancement (662) 685-4771 (Ext.131.).
- Gift-in-Kind - Donors may supply Blue Mountain College with needed goods, materials and services instead of giving monetarily. To discuss the possibility of such gifts, the donor should contact the Office of the President at 662.685.4771 (Ext. 131).
- Special Gifts - Artwork, rare books, coins, stamps, equipment and antique furniture can be appropriate gifts to Blue Mountain College. To discuss the possibility of such gifts, the donor should contact the Office of the President at 662.685.4771 (Ext. 131).
- Planned Giving - There are a number of planned giving approaches which have great benefit to both the donor and the College. Visit the Planned Giving link which provides specific information or contact the Office of the Institutional Advancement (662) 685-4771 (Ext.131.).