About Us

Guyton Library named in honor of former Blue Mountain College faculty members, Dr. and Mrs. David E. Guyton, was completed in 1957. It houses collections of primary and secondary materials needed to support the purposes and programs of the college.  Compact disks, audio-visual materials and computer software are also housed in Guyton Library. A separate curriculum materials collection located in the Education building is maintained by education department.  Faculty and students have access to additional resources through interlibrary loan service.

The Anderson Room provides additional study space along and houses a collection of Chinese memorabilia donated by Dr. Mary Raleigh Anderson, a Blue Mountain College graduate who served as a missionary to China for 20 years, doll collection, alumni artifacts, and the oversized reference and art book collections.

Mission Statement 

The Guyton Library supports and strengthens the objectives of Blue Mountain College by providing appropriate materials for a broad liberal education and vocational studies within a Christian setting. The collection, built around the undergraduate liberal arts oriented curriculum and graduate education program, is one of the more significant intellectual resources of the College and is enhanced by a policy of constant, systematic, and intelligent acquisition.


Dynamic Webchunk

This area will pull in the left side navigation.

Please do not edit this area.