Bachelor of Arts/English-Literature Emphasis
Bachelor of Arts/English-Writing Emphasis
Bachelor of Science in Education/English
What may I do with a major in English?
English is considered a “non-vocational” subject, which means there is not a definitive career path for majors. However, because there is a widespread demand for good communication skills, people with English degrees can be found in almost every career.
- Writer—novels, poetry, play, scripts
- Journalist—writing, reporting, editing
- Freelance writer
- Technical writing and editing for large corporations
- Grant and proposal writing for various organizations
- Editing for publishing companies
- Copy writing, art direction, web page design for advertising agencies
- Media relations
- Social media writer
- Legal assistant for law firms
What may I do with a major in English Education?
- Teach middle/high school English
- Teach English as a second language
- Provide library/information services
- Tutor in private learning centers or freelance
- Work with nonprofit organizations involved in literacy
Bachelor of Arts/Spanish
Bachelor of Science in Education/Spanish
What may I do with a major in Spanish?
- Entry-level professional positions include working in various fields such as
- Customer service
- Human resources
- International business (foreign firms operating in U.S. and U.S. firms operating in other countries)
- Sports organizations
- Travel services for resorts and cruise lines
- Legal, medical, and technical firms
- Local, state, and federal agencies
- Serve as a Journeyman with the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention
What may I do with a Bachelor of Science in Education/Spanish?
- Teach Spanish in K-12 schools, public and private
- Teach in schools in other countries
- Work with foreign students in exchange programs
- Teach in adult education programs
- Teach in other countries through the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention
Need more information click here