FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION CHECKLIST
This ID will be used throughout your college career so… HANG ON TO THIS INFORMATION!!!!
- To apply for Federal Financial Aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) click here
o BMC Federal School Code – 002398
o You may file your FAFSA beginning October 1, 2016, using 2015 tax information
- To apply for the State of Mississippi Financial Aid Programs click here
- MTAG – application dates Deadline: 9/15
- MESG – application dates Deadline: 9/15
- HELP – application dates Deadline: 3/31
- You may file for MS State Aid beginning October 1, 2016, using 2015 tax information
- Phone numbers: 601-432-6997 or (toll-free) 1-800-327-2980
- To apply for Mississippi Baptist Scholarships
o If you are a member of a cooperating Southern Baptist in Mississippi click here then click on Scholarships – application 1/1 – 5/31
o Phone number: 601-292-3210
o Mississippi Residents-Alcorn, Lee, Itawamba, Prentiss, Tippah, Tishomingo, Union
o Alabama Residents-Colbert, Franklin, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Marion
o Tennessee Residents-Chester, Hardeman, Hardin, Lawrence, McNairy, Wayne
Income Tax Information
o Access your IRS Income Tax Return Transcript then click on Get a Tax Transcript, or by calling 1-800-908-9946.
· Fill out a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for your loan
· Complete Entrance/Exit Counseling
· Subsidized loans-loans in which the government pays the interest on the loan while you are in school. These loans typically have a six-month grace period before repayment begins.
· Unsubsidized loans-loans in which interest will collect while you are in school, as well as after graduation. This interest can be paid while you are in school or deferred until you graduate. These loans typically have a six-month grace period before repayment begins.
· Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) – loans available to parents of dependent students that can assist in educational costs. For more information about the PLUS loan click here.
o To apply for a PLUS loan click here.
- Explore other scholarship opportunities:
US Department of Education Fastweb
To access your loan history from the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) click here.