Blue Mountain College Employment Opportunities
There are no full-time positions available at this time.
FULL-TIME FACULTY POSITIONS
ADJUNCT FACULTY POSITIONS
There are no adjunct positions available at this time.
Blue Motion Project Coordinator
Blue Mountain College invites interested individuals to submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and completed Application for Employment to Dale Cutrer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidential review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. All documents must be submitted by September 10, 2017.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Blue Motion Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Blue Motion Wellness Initiative.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Responsibilities include planning and managing community-wide fitness events, wellness-focused non-credit classes, and wellness seminars in area schools.
- Overseeing the awards/incentives program for Blue Motion participants
- Marketing the Blue Motion program both to the campus and to the community
- Managing the Blue Motion facilities, including the wellness center and alerting administrators to maintenance and housekeeping issues
- Identifying, hiring, and supervising qualified instructors to conduct exercise classes, non-credit wellness classes, and wellness seminars in area schools
- Planning and implementing community fitness events, including those involving the fitness trail
- Monitoring the condition of the fitness trail and reporting requests for maintenance
- Managing the Blue Motion budget
- Writing and submitting grants and follow-up reports
- Completing all assessment reports as required by the College
- Any other assignments made by the President of the College
- Lives a lifestyle congruent with the mission of the college both on and off campus.
REPORTS TO: Chair, Department of Kinesiology
- Baccalaureate required; Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of health and wellness concepts and enthusiasm for promoting health and wellness
- Experience with program management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
FSLA STATUS: Full-time, 10-month contract
Revised: August 14, 2017; June 27, 2016; New: February 10, 2016
Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
Blue Mountain College invites interested individuals to submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and completed Application for Employment to Pam Bowman email@example.com. Confidential review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. All documents must be submitted by September 29, 2017.
POSITION SUMMARY: Blue Mountain College seeks a Director of Intercollegiate Athletics who (1) understands how to leverage the unique opportunities for growth and advancement at the College; (2) fosters high standards of integrity, athletic excellence, and academic success; (3) has strong management and fiscal skills; (4) is able to develop excellent relationships with both internal and external constituents; and (5) directs and hires coaches who are committed not only to winning but to the College’s mission and to the welfare of student athletes and to compliance with the rules.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director of Intercollegiate Athletics (1) provides visionary leadership, strategic planning and policy development for the athletics program; (2) maintains an athletics program that is committed to the College’s mission and strategic priorities; (3) works with the Blue Mountain College Office of Institutional Advancement to raise funds for the athletic department; (4) administers the overall athletic budget; (5) recruits and manages the coaching staff; and (5) ensures compliance with all college, national association and conference policies, rules and regulations.
The Director of Intercollegiate Athletics reports directly to the President of Blue Mountain College. This position also serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet.
- Serve as Spokesperson for Intercollegiate Athletics;
- Supervise the recruitment of prospective athletes;
- Responsible for compliance of Rules and Regulations set forth by NAIA and the Southern States Athletic Conference;
- Demonstrate leadership in emphasizing sportsmanship, ethical conduct, fair play, and compliance with the policies and mission of the College;
- Schedule all athletic contests (or delegate the responsibility to the coach of the particular sport);
- Oversee the process of recruitment, appointment, development, retention, evaluation, promotion and grievances of coaching staff;
- Oversee the development of budgets and the allocation and management of resources for intercollegiate athletics;
- Direct future planning for all phases of the athletic program;
- Supervise all facilities, equipment, and supplies;
- Responsible for seeing that only eligible players are allowed to participate in varsity games;
- Coordinate with Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics in establishing policies related to the general conduct of the program;
- Supervise sale of season tickets;
- Actively participate in the development efforts of the College and the athletic programs;
- Arrange for personnel to work at athletic contests-stadium and gymnasium personnel, game officials, etc.;
- Recommend all contracts for athletic contests and athletic travel;
- Ensure Champions of Character compliance;
- Serve on College committees as appropriate for this senior administrative position; and
- Live a life congruent with the College mission both on and off campus.
- Any additional duties assigned by the President of the College.
- Review designated sections of the Policies and Procedures manual regularly and recommend updates and revisions.
- Master’s degree in appropriate area
- Experience in athletics administration at collegiate level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Management skills of sufficient breadth and depth to manage varied staff and athletic budget
REPORTS TO: President of the College
FSLA STATUS: Full-time; exempt
Revised: August 25, 2017; March 02, 2016; January 24, 2014; August 01, 2013; July 02, 2013; February 25, 2011; July 15, 2010; November 15, 2002