Proposed Constitution and Bylaws Amendments
Alumni Association Board - March 1, 2014
Addition to the Office of Treasurer – Bylaws Section 4.05
Duties of the Association Treasurer for online receipts are to
- Disperse monies received to the appropriate entities – Association, chapters, and BMC.
- Disperse monies on a monthly basis.
- Report monies received and dispersed in the Association’s monthly financial statement.
- Disperse monies by Association check to the chapters with banking accounts, to chapter leaders who handle chapter monies using a personal account, to the College, or to vendors who serve the Association and/or the College.
- Receive support from the Director of Alumni Affairs as a secondary source of support.
Addition to the Immediate Past President – Bylaws Section 4.04
- Execute other financial duties that arise related to online services.
Addition to the Advisory Council of Past Presidents and Duties of Members – Bylaws Section 4.11
- Gives leadership to the Association Alumni Awards Program
- The Advisory Council of Past Presidents serves as a resource for the Association’s implementation of the Alumni Awards Program. (See the BMC Alumni Association Awards Program Guidelines, Board of Directors Handbook, Tab 3, “Board of Directors and Councils”)
- The Immediate Past President or her agent will be responsible for
- Serving on the Awards Selection Committee appointed by the Association President.
- Submitting information regarding nominations for publication in College and Association periodicals, publications – electronic and/or printed – and in social media.
- Receiving all Nominations submitted through the BMC Office of Alumni Affairs.
- Distributing names and information of nominees to Awards Selection Committee.
- Assisting in the presentation and display of awards.
- Maintaining an Alumni Awards Book of Nominations, which will contain the following:
- Nominees for each award and substantiating information related to the nominee (nominations are kept in this book for three  years and then archived)
Duties of the Social Media Coordinator
- Recipients for each award
- Coordinates with the BMC Office of Alumni Affairs regarding
- Information for publication to Social Media.
- Decisions regarding venue for publications.
- Meeting criteria for publication based on College and Association policy.
- Assists Association and Chapter leaders in abiding by the Association’s Social Media policy and monitors such activities under the auspices of the Association.