Library Computer Use Rules
The library computers are available during regular library hours except when reserved by faculty for specific course sessions. Listed below are the rules governing the use of these computers in the library. In addition, of course, student use of computers in Guyton Library is guided by Policy 2.22: Acceptable Computer Use. 1. All users must check in with a library staff member, sign the schedule at the front desk and clear their time with a staff member. All cell phones, pagers and other communication devices must be turned off or put on silent/vibrating before entering the library. Telephone conversations should take place outside the library.
2. Only authorized personnel may install software on the library computers.
3. No chat rooms, instant messaging, playing games, mass emailing, using streaming audio and/or video, file sharing programs, etc., are permitted on library computers. (Acceptable Computer Use Policy 2.22, page 3)
4. Users must provide their own USB storage device.
5. Patrons must not attempt to repair any computer equipment. Any technical problems must be reported to the library staff.
6. Food and drinks are not allowed in the library.
7. User files left on the hard drive are automatically deleted.
8. The Internet must be used for lawful purposes only. Violations will result in disciplinary action by the College in accordance with Policy 4.13: Student Conduct and Judiciary.
9. All machines should be left on when leaving, but all programs should be closed.
10. All waste paper is to be discarded in appropriate containers.
11. Only patrons 18 and over will be permitted to use the computers unless they are accompanied by an adult (e.g., a parent or tutor). Library patrons not affiliated with Blue Mountain College must submit a picture ID and sign the computer use sign-in sheet. The ID will be returned after the patron pays for any materials printed.