The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) offers students the opportunity to obtain college credit by examination.
- CLEP exams are administered in the CLEP Testing Center which is located in the Paschal Student Union Center, first floor (across from the mailboxes). If you arrive prior to the scheduled time of your exam and the door to the Testing Center is closed, please wait in the lobby area. When the Test Administrator is ready to begin admitting test takers, you will be directed to the testing room.
- Cell phones must be powered OFF, not on silent or vibrate, during the times portion of the exam. If a cell phone sounds (rings or vibrates) during the exam, the test taker will immediately be dismissed, his/her exam cancelled, and a refund will not be available.
- The deadline to register for a CLEP exam is 2 days prior to the testing date.
- Registration is limited to 2 test-takers per scheduled exam date.
- Test takers arriving 10 minutes or more after the start of their scheduled exam time WILL NOT BE ADMITTED FOR TESTING.
- CLEP exams are 90-minutes and administered on the computers in BMC’s Testing Center. Please allow at least 2 hours to take a CLEP exam. Scores will be revealed immediately upon completion of the exam.
- Only one CLEP exam can be taken per testing date. All tests start at 1:30 p.m. Exams are given on the following dates:
Tests will be given in the spring.
- The fee for each CLEP exam is $80.00. Test fees are payable through CLEP’s My Account registration portal. You will need to obtain a registration ticket issued by CLEP and present it to us before you will be able to take the test in our facility.
- Test Administration fee:
- BMC Students: $25.00
- Payable at the time of testing by cash, check made out to Blue Mountain College, or charged to your BMC student account. Payment must be made in the Office of Business Affairs. A receipt must be presented at the testing center.
- Non-BMC students: $35.00, payable by cash (exact change) at the time of testing.
- The testing staff is not permitted to supervise children. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to be left unattended or unsupervised during testing.
- To cancel a CLEP exam, email the Director of Testing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation must be by 4:30 p.m. two working days prior to a scheduled exam. If the cancellation request is not received by 4:30 p.m. two working days prior to a scheduled exam, the administration fee will be charged to the BMC student’s account.
- There is a mandatory 6-month waiting period to retake an exam if a passing score is not received. If an exam is retaken within that time period, the test taker’s scores will be cancelled by CLEP.